The Club trains all year and members are encouraged to commit to as many sessions as possible to maintain their level of fitness and well-being. With that said, we have three water training sessions per week.
All training takes place at Aquatic Reserve.
- Monday night at 6:15 PM to 8:00 PM (on water at 6:30 PM)
- Wednesday night at 6:15 PM to 8:00 PM (on water at 6:30 PM)
- Saturday morning at 7:45 AM to 9:30 AM (on water at 8:00 AM)
We encourage all new paddlers to attend our Saturday morning session to enable the Coaches to give more one on one instructions in a less intensive session. The introductory session will introduce the Sport of Dragon Boating together with the importance of team work, technique and camaraderie.
We have three different training programs for our members depending on their goals.
- Social: for members who do not wish to participate in racing and just want to be a part of a group/club for light training for fitness.
- Competitive: for those who wish to compete at local regattas. Training programs are set to give them the fitness level required.
- High Performance: for those who wish to compete at a very high level like Nationals and World Competitions. Training programs are set to give them the fitness level required.
Regattas & Championships
- Inter-Club Regattas: the season begins in September and concludes in April.
- Australian National Championships: held in March/April each year and various venues around Australia.
- Club Crew World Championships: held approximately in August every two years and various venues around the World.