Latest news: On 28 July 2019, Black Dragons agreed to merge with Adelaide Sea Dragons
We train all year and have 4 training sessions per week. Members are encouraged to commit to as many sessions as possible to maintain their level of fitness and well-being.
All training takes place at Aquatic Reserve, Bower Road, West Lakes.
- Wednesdays: 6:15pm to 7.30pm – on water at 6:30pm
- Thursdays: 6:15pm to 8pm – on water at 6:30pm
- Saturdays: 7:45am to 9am – on water at 8am
- Sundays: 8.45am to 10am – on water at 9am
We use TeamApp to notify members of any training schedule changes, cancellations and updates. Download TeamApp to your mobile device: https://www.teamapp.com/
We have three different training programs for our members depending on their goals.
- Social: for members who do not wish to participate in racing and just want to participate socially
- Competitive: for those who wish to compete at local regattas. Training programs are set to give them the fitness level required.
- High performance: for those who wish to compete at a very high level like Nationals and World Competitions. Training programs are set to give them the fitness level required.
Regattas & Championships
- Inter-Club Regattas: the season begins in September and concludes in April.
- Australian National Championships: held in March/April each year and various venues around Australia.
- Club Crew World Championships: held approximately in August every two years and various venues around the World.